Paused

 


I'm still here, 

Where you left me. 

The rain falling 

On my shoes. 

My eyes still hidden

Behind the window

Of a soggy umbrella. 

I look up at the sky

To see you nowhere. 

How foolish of me, 

You left a long time ago. 

Why did I still believe

I could see you staring

At me from behind a corner? 

I think I fell straight

Into a time loop. 

Caught unawares

Between the past and the present. 

I have changed now, 

Everything about me

Is another person altogether. 

Except the memory of you. 

I move on, running fast, 

Leaving my heartache behind. 

This pain was my worst ever, 

Trust me, I've known many pains. 

But today, out of the blue, 

I thought I saw you. 

I wanted to tell you, 

See, aren't you proud of me now? 

You wanted me to leave, 

I went away just for you. 

But then I remembered, 

I'm still here, 

And you're not. 


I'm still here, 

But then, so are you.

You never left, did you? 

Except when I thought

You would stay. 

You are still here, 

Because I hid you inside, 

Bringing you out, 

Only on dark, rainy days. 


#inspiredbyart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back