Hide N Seek (5)


 


So much has changed 

Since then, those days

Now turned into years. 

I'm much more practical now. 

You were never hiding from me. 

In fact, you always stood stoic, 

Unmoved, untethered, unworded. 

I was the one who believed in magic, 

In love everlasting, in hope, in chasms

Of ocean blue between you and me, 

That would blaze into a fire, 

With one embrace, one kiss, 

One look, melting the doors

Between blackness and bliss. 


One day, I would float up to you, 

You would embrace me in your light, 

Then tell how you've always missed my eyes. 

I don't think I was foolish back then, 

I just knew how to glorify love better. 

To look at something and yearn for it, 

Consume my pride, to desire it, to crave it. 


But now I look at you, I am not fixated. 

I think I have changed, don't you? 

If all I get is one day in a month, 

Where you truly understand me, 

Reach out, explore, shine on 

My sad, heartbroken, dying earth, 

Then I don't want you anymore. 

You can continue to mystify and dazzle, 

But now I'm blind as a bat, you see. 

I don't need to look at your madness, 

I contain all the magic and light in me. 

This is the last hide and seek game, 

I'll ever play with you, my love. 

I'm too old for games now, 

Unless I can hide for a change, 

And you come crossing horizons, 

Step out into the daylight for a change, 

Just to catch that last glimpse of me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back