Version


 


I used to wear black, 

Now it's mostly white. 

Self soothing is pretty easy,

So is being calm and clinical. 

I didn't become this person overnight, 

I chose to let go, to heal, to love 

Myself in spite of not being seen. 

This is who I always wanted to be. 

I used to have a favourite spot, 

One where I could seek the moon. 

Because of course I knew that time 

Walks barefoot without a sound. 

It will take cherished ones away, 

And hide them underground. 

But I found a new spot, 

One where I can just be, 

Visited by herons and barbets, 

Filling my days with mellow serenity. 

Even the nights, they are empty

Of thoughts and questions. 

I've finally learnt to love silence, 

It speaks in hushed tones, never loud, 

It tells me to live in the moment, 

To never worry or doubt. 

I don't ask the why's, when's and how's, 

Faith is my only evidence, 

I know it will not let me down. 

So much has changed in a year, 

But one thing remains, 

That I can still yearn 

For what I don't have, 

Without its absence 

Bringing me down. 


I wear mostly whites, 

But I will always miss my blacks. 

I have a new favourite spot, 

I do wish you could see the view. 

And even though, I've changed, 

I'm glad some things remain the same. 


'And when you go away, 

I still see you. 

The sunlight on your face, 

In my rearview'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back