Time of Birth



Why do I have to

Suffer so much? 

I cried in pain to my mother. 

Is my body a casualty

In an unknown war? 

Was I born

At an inauspicious time? 

No, said my mother.

You were born just right. 

Maybe it's because you are strong, 

That you have to endure hardship. 

I think she is right. 

Maybe the planets

Collided all in a line, 

To ensure I never give up. 

The astrologer says, 

It's Jupiter and Saturn,

They are sitting in your chart, 

They never see eye to eye. 

You will suffer whatever you do, 

Friends will leave you, 

You'll always be misunderstood, 

Even if you try to do good. 

I don't agree at all, 

I'm not the one to cave in, 

I'm not the one the planets can fight. 

I'm the most stubborn person

One could ever meet. 

And even though 

I'm tired of being tested

Through out my life. 

I decide to prove to her, 

What she believes as true. 

I was born at just the right time, 

At the crack of dawn, 

As the sun made its way up, 

After the year's longest night. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back