The Night Gardener



 I. 


Between the sparkling trees, 

And the wound down road, 

There's a place we both know. 

I will meet you there tonight, 

Just like I did the night before. 


II. 

I dreamt we were naked, 

In a pool drenched by sunset. 

The sky was amber gold, 

Water glistening on our lips. 

You looked into my eyes

And said, "Always be my night, 

Giving up my sleep,

Would be worth 

All my days for you. "


III. 

I want to know 

How your tongue feels, 

On my tongue, 

Inside my soul. 

I want to feel 

Your fingers on mine, 

As you fill me up, 

With caterpillar trains of 

Of unspoken thoughts, 

Squirming to break free. 


IV. 

At midnight, 

You slide into my bed, 

Like a ghost on a swing. 

You move to and fro, 

Breathing on my neck, 

Invisible, but audible, 

Like a warm light in the oven,

Whispering in my ear, 

'Say my name, 

Say it once again, please. '


V. 

You look gentle, 

But you are a violent lover, 

Greedy, desperate and possessive. 

You ask to destroy

What isn't even yours. 

You reveal nothing, 

And yet you sulk, 

When no one invites you, 

To hoard their secrets. 


VI. 

Setting an alarm, 

To check someone else's

Phone is a breach of trust. 

But if they sleep 

When you are 

Drenched with desire, 

Setting an alarm, 

To satisfy yourself, 

Can save you from

A lot of trouble. 


------------x----------------x---------------------x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

The Story of K (contd.)

Bringing It Back