The Forest



Breathe this air, 

Sweet concoction

Of pine and sun. 

In this forest

Fires burn

Dark riding 

Waves in the light of the moon

The waters flow

And my feet grow, 

Traversing miles

Of old dirt roads

I see the green

Moss over stone, 

Clouds coming down, 

From a place in the mind. 

I stop running, 

Here I know no fear, 

Of love or pain. 

Humming birds

Sing silently

Prayers like wind chimes

Rise up to my head

The cloud floats

Inside me now, 

Engulfs me gently, 

Without a sound. 

Life or death, 

It doesn't matter anymore. 

If living is for the brave,

Then dying must be too.

Somewhere in this forest, 

There is a magic tree, 

I find it at last,

And it sets me free. 

Once I am free, 

I want no escape. 

I close my eyes, 

I open my eyes. 

I'm home, I'm here, 

I'm already free. 

There's no other place

To go, no place I'd rather be. 

Breathe this air, 

Breathe it out again. 

I'm the cloud now, 

Rising above the forest floor. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

Bringing It Back

The Story of K (contd.)