Unfurled


The words they say,

I have nothing left to say. 

No thank yous, I'm well, 

How are you? 

So kind, all of you. 

I'm not going to pretend, 

To be blissful and divine. 

No photographs on land, 

Not this time. 

I'm dissolving 

In self loathing and regret, 

Burning skin in formaldehyde. 

This lake of hell, 

Seeming so icy, so forlorn. 

Underneath the needles, 

They puncture everything. 

Don't come close or you'll slip

Far down into this mystery, 

That not even hunters can spot, 

Nor sailors far away at sea. 

Underneath the lake, 

Is a whirlpool of hate, 

Of sin, of calling out names, 

To the ones who have died, 

To the ones never lived, 

The deaf who stay in towers, 

Where black ash faced maidens sing. 

The fearful and the hated,

They left before winter came. 

The fish shrunk in misery, 

Before they could be saved. 

But me, I am not scared,

I will write names in silence, 

For the ones who are scared. 

Just so that they feel ecstatic

They feel overwhelmed and proud. 

I am the filth of the earth, 

I am the one who's drowned. 

I am the one who will float, 

With feathers, bones and eyes. 

You don't kill me with daggers, 

I possess a body of lies. 

When you lose your footing, 

Slip and slide into black waters, 

You will find me with shiny fins, 

Singing like Neptune's daughter. 

Then I will slither further away

Into the Earth's hot lava core, 

Till I'm cleansed of water dreams, 

I can no longer ignore. 

Till I'm am nothing anymore, 

Burning skin scales forever

In flames and formaldehyde . 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

Bringing It Back

The Story of K (contd.)