Empty


I've been busy,

Pouring myself

Into cups of words, 

Hidden identities

On social media, 

Where no one knows, 

Who I am or what I look like. 

Tumblers of songs, 

Carved out of forgotten 

Days and eyes where I once drowned. 

Bright screens of laptops, 

Vast vessels of a tale untold, 

To be bound into a book, 

For thirsty souls like me, 

Who should never feel alone. 

I have emptied myself

Of your dreams, your fears. 

Once, I always knew 

What you were thinking, 

But now I don't find you near. 

I have poured myself into you, 

Till there was nothing left of me. 

I drank from your silences, 

Till I was filled to be free. 

I chatted with a stranger today, 

Telling him if my life was a movie, 

It would always have a background score. 

I didn't tell anyone about you, 

The one who stole my words away. 

Besides, I don't think they should know. 

I have poured myself, 

Into years of wanting you. 

If I have no words left anymore, 

For you or the parched world, 

Would you still find me beautiful? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

Bringing It Back

The Story of K (contd.)