Song for the day

 


Do you think I'd give upThat this might've shook the love from meOr that I was on the brink?How could you think, darling, I'd scare so easily?Now that it's doneThere's not one thing that I would changeMy life was a storm, since I was bornHow could I fear any hurricane?
If someone asked me at the end
I'll tell them put me back in itDarling, I would do it again, ah, ahIf I could hold you for a minuteDarling, I'd go through it again, ah, ahI would still be surprised I could find you, darlingIn any lifeIf I could hold you for a minuteDarling, I would do it again, ah, ah
For all that was saidOf where we'd end up at the end of itWhen the heart would ceaseOurs never knew peaceWhat good would it be on the far side of things?It was too soonWhen that part of you was ripped awayA grip taking holdLike a cancer that growsEach piece of your body that it takes
Though I know my heart would break
I'll tell them put me back in itDarling, I would do it again, ah, ahIf I could hold you for a minuteDarling, I'd go through it again, ah, ahI would still be surprised I could find you, darlingIn any lifeIf I could hold you for a minuteDarling, I would do it again, ah, ah
I would not change it each time (I would not change it each time)Heaven is not fit to house a love (Heaven is not fit to house a love)Like you and I (like you and I)I would not change it each time (I would not change it each time)Heaven is not fit to house a love (Heaven is not fit to house a love)Like you and I (like you and I)I would not change it each time (I would not change it each time)Heaven is not fit to house a love (Heaven is not fit to house a love)Like you and I (like you and I). 

- Francesca, Hozier


https://www.songfacts.com/facts/hozier/francesca



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Decade Later

Bringing It Back

The Story of K (contd.)